Member** Categories and Fees (inc. GST)
Open to anybody with an interest in addiction treatment.
Student Standard ($60)
Discounted for full-time non-earning students to support the development and growth of the workforce.
Endorsed Support Worker ($210)
Support workers and peer support workers – a level 4 qualification is recommended but not required. You need to be under the supervision of a dapaanz accredited supervisor.
Endorsed Associate Practitioner ($325)
Practitioners with diploma level qualifications (this category is no longer open to application).
Provisional Practitioner ($325)
All practitioners working towards full registration must be provisional for a minimum of 12 months (up to 36 months).
Registered Alcohol and Drug Practitioner and/or Gambling Practitioner ($325)
Practitioners with the required level of qualifications and experience to practice independently.
Accredited Supervisor (if dapaanz registered practitioner + $110; if registered elsewhere $230)
Qualified and experienced addiction clinical supervisors.
Dapaanz also provides recognition for kaumatua who have contributed significantly to the addiction treatment sector.
Replacement certificates and/or badges ($20 each)
**All members agree to abide by Tikanga Matatika – dapaanz Code of Ethics.
Dapaanz Registered Practitioners are designated as health professionals under the Substance Addiction (Compulsory Assessment and Treatment) Act (2017) and can be considered for the roles outlined in this Act.
Being a dapaanz Registered Practitioner is considered equivalent to other professional registrations gazetted in legislation, namely professions registered under the Health Practitioner Competency Assurance Act (2003) and Social Workers Registration Act (2003).
As a dapaanz member, you will be:
- part of an association dedicated to supporting the development of an ethical, professional, and specialist workforce
- covered by a robust competency framework and code of ethics
- recognised and valued for professional achievement
- seen as safe and accountable by your clients
- part of a workforce that is professional, vibrant, and accountable
- supported to connect with other members
- able to access other member benefits such as member news, events, training and conferences.