Dapaanz was established in 2002 to support and foster an excellent, ethical and culturally responsive addiction workforce, so people affected by addiction can access high quality and effective help.
Today dapaanz is the professional association representing more than 1700 people working in addiction or related roles in Aotearoa (source: dapaanz membership demographics, 2022).
As a dapaanz member, you are joining a community of highly skilled, dedicated and compassionate health professionals.
Welcome. It’s great to have you here!
- If you have previously been a member, endorsed or registered, and your membership has lapsed or expired, you will need to complete a renewal form.
- If your full registration has lapsed, you will need to re-apply for provisional registration before upgrading to full registration (for a minimum of three months).
- Due to the integrity of our internal processes, your application may take up to one month to process. We will contact you if we need any clarification about documents provided.
Disclosure and Declaration for All Applicants
All applicants must disclose if you have ever been:
- Convicted of a criminal offence (that falls outside of the Clean Slate Legislation – see below).
- Subject to disciplinary action from your employer.
- Had any complaints about your professional practice upheld.
Please have appropriate documentation, related to any of the above, ready to upload in the Member Disclosure Section of your application.
Clean Slate Legislation
Under the Criminal Records (Clean Slate) Act 2004 you don’t need to disclose your convictions if you meet all of the following conditions and have:
- Had no convictions within the last seven years.
- Never been sentenced to a custodial sentence e.g., imprisonment, corrective training, or in a Youth Justice facility.
- Never been ordered by a Court following a criminal case to be detained in a hospital due to your mental condition, instead of being sentenced.
- Not been convicted of a “specified offence” (e.g., sexual offending, offending against children, young people or the mentally impaired).
- Paid in full any fine, reparation, or costs ordered by the Court in a criminal case.
- Never been indefinitely disqualified from driving.
We welcome people with lived experience into our sector and if people are concerned their past conviction histories may be a barrier to entry, please contact us to discuss.
Apply for Membership
Renew | Upgrade
- You must be a current member of dapaanz to renew or upgrade your membership. These forms are for members renewing their membership, or applying to upgrade their status e.g. standard members applying for provisional registration.
- If you have previously been a member, endorsed or registered, and your membership has lapsed or expired, you will also need to complete a renewal form. (Please contact us if you have any queries.)
- If your registration has lapsed, you will need to re-apply for provisional registration before upgrading to full registration (for a minimum of three months).
- Due to the integrity of our internal processes, your application may take up to one month to process.
- We will contact you if we need any clarification about documents provided.
Please download and complete relevant sections of the Renewal and Upgrade checklist and form for renewal or upgrade of the following categories:
- Standard / Student
- Endorsed Support Worker
- Associate Practitioner
- Provisional Registration
- Practitioner Registration
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor
- Accredited Clinical Supervisor with Standard Membership
- Practitioner Registration with Accredited Clinical Supervisor
Please ensure you also provide all other relevant documents as specified in the form and send these together, via email, to the Registrar.
Depending on the category of membership you are upgrading or renewing, documents to upload may include:
- Disclosure of any convictions, disciplinary action, or upheld complaints.
- Copies of relevant qualifications, professional registration and supervision certificates.
- Supervisor assessment form, from your dapaanz accredited clinical supervisor.
- Line Manager Support of Application Form.
- Dapaanz Continuing Professional Development (CPD) log.